NEQALS is working hard to change the culture of EMS. We call this “NEQv2”. We want our employees to be well rested, well nourished and have clear minds so they are ready to take calls. Our new base gives staff bedrooms in which to rest, a Day Room with a commercial kitchen to make healthy meals for yourself or your team, a training room to learn new skills and maintain existing skills. We empower our crews to do what is best for our patients, each other and the community.
We offer a competitive rate and benefits for full-time staff including paid holidays and vacation. All employees are eligible for a 401K with match and paid sick time per NYS guidelines. In addition we offer a relaxed work environment in one of the fastest growing areas in Monroe County and a great mix of trauma, medical and other EMS calls, allowing you to practice all of your skills without getting burned out.
NEQALS follows the NYS DoH policy statement number 00-10 in regards to establishing guidelines for employment for all levels of EMTs.
In addition to these, NEQALS also has the requirements below for employment. Where these conflict with any found in the DoH policy, the following supersede the DoH guidelines.
- 19 years of age
- Current NYS Certified EMT-B or PARAMEDIC
- Valid NYS Drivers License (approval from insurance company)
- No criminal record (misdemeanor or felony / verifiable)
- Submit to a drug screen urinalysis upon application
- Commit to 24 hours of service / month
- Be able to handle the physical demands of EMS
- A passion to contribute to the success of the NEQ organization
- Able to work in a command structured environment
If you wish to apply, please fill out the secure online employment application form on our website, directly below, and hit submit once completed.